Sunday, November 1, 2009

BCS whining again.

Last Monday evening I went to The Gathering Storm release party in Provo, Utah. Well, I haven't posted about it because I've been too busy reading the book --which is awesome, by the way. I'll post a blog about it with pictures as soon as I get the pictures from the person who took them. (My phone conveniently ran out of battery as we approached Provo.)

So for now, I'm going to give my opinion of the BCS's top 10.

1- Florida: I think Florida is right where they belong. They're better than Alabama and Texas.
2- Alabama: They're probably too high. Texas is better.
3- Texas: Probably should be #2. Their balance of offense and defense is amazing.
4- Iowa: You're kidding me, right? Iowa is so overrated. Since when have they blown out opponents weaker than themselves? They have squeaked by so many games with barely a win. Sure, they're top 10, but not #4.
5- USC: Overrated. Barkley is good, but not that good. And their defense is atrocious.
6- TCU: Underrated. TCU is doing everything right. They could go against Texas or Alabama and it would be a great game.
7- Boise St: Also underrated. Boise St has proven time and time again that they can play as good as those overrated SEC and Pac-10 teams.
8- Cincinati: Okay, top 10 is where they belong. They're great this year.
9- LSU: Ugh overrated again. They struggled against Washington and barely survived Miss St. They're top 15 though.
10- Oregon: Underrated. Oregon is on fire. After a shaky start to the season, they've decimated every opponent in front of them, regardless of rank.

So my top 10 would be:
1- Florida
2- Texas
3- TCU
4- Boise St
5- Oregon
6- Alabama
7- Cincinati
8- Iowa
9- USC
10- Penn St.

No comments: