Friday, December 19, 2008

O pungent orange medicine take the pain away.

Under normal circumstances, I don't think writing a blog entry while doped up on cold meds is such a great idea. But oh well; tis the season.

For viruses I guess. Half the people at my office are sick, including myself. I deny giving them my virus, of course, but some of them look at me sideways regardless. I swear I never came within 3 feet of Brittany. Yet I'm responsible for her coughing? Bryan sent me home early, which is nice, but I don't think it prevented me spreading this virus further. I wonder who'll be sick at the Christmas Party on Monday. Probably Jim. He's already disowned me for picking Alabama over Utah in the Sugar Bowl. It would be unfortunate for me if he turned up sick. Very unfortunate. Jim can't fire me . . . can he?

Speaking of College Football, I went ahead and entered a pool, and these are my pics: (in order of time)
Navy over Wake Forest
Fresno State over Colorado State
South Florida over Memphis
BYU over Arizona
Southern Miss over Troy
Boise State over TCU
Hawai'i over Notre Dame
Central Michigan over Florida Atlantic
West Virginia over North Carolina
Florida State over Wisconsin
Cal over Miami
La Tech over North Illinois
Rutgers over NC State
Missouri over Northwestern
Nevada over Maryland
Rice over W Michigan
Oklahoma State over Oregon (sorry, Ducks)
Air Force over Houston
Oregon State over Pitt (go Beavers!)
Boston College over Vanderbilt
Kansas over Minnesota
Georgia Tech over LSU
Iowa over South Carolina
Georgia over Michigan State
Nebraska over Clemson
USC over Penn State
Virginia Tech over Cincinnati
Texas Tech over Ole Miss
East Carolina over Kentucky
Alabama over Utah
Connecticut over Buffalo
Texas over Ohio State
Ball State over Tulsa
and in the championship game I'm taking Florida over Oklahoma 41-27

I threw in a few upsets in there, and there will likely be a few more. Many of the games were difficult to predict and I could have gone either way. Also, I just noticed that I picked a lot of WAC teams to win. Truthfully, I think the gap between the BCS conferences and non-BCS conferences has narrowed. If I'm right, then the results of the bowls will reflect this. If not, I need to lay off the NyQuill.

And one final note about the Alabama-Utah game. These are predictions only. The picks above do not necessarily reflect who I will be rooting for. In my heart I want the Utes to beat the living snot out of the Crimson Tide. I also want Boise State to trounce TCU and show the BCS exactly what they're made of. And I sincerely hope Oregon can decimate Oklahoma State.

No comments: