Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekend recap . . . on Wednesday

I know its late, but I've been busy. So there.

Seattle lost to Chicago. What happened? Seattle had more first downs, more plays, more total yards, and less penalties. Did they lose because Mare missed two field goals? Nope. It comes down to one thing. Red zone offense. Mare did miss two field goals, but he also made 4 others. That's 12 of the 19 points Seattle scored. Not good. Seneca Wallace marched the team down the field time and time again, and only on the first drive did they manage to put the ball in the end zone. When you're 1/7, that's really bad. Hasselbeck, who was recovering from a rib fracture on Sunday, is one of the best at red zone offense, and now the difference between him and Wallace is night and day. Hasselbeck is aging, but still good. Seattle needs to find a better backup quarterback. Preferably one that is familiar with a west coast offense. Masoli would be a prime candidate. Those Oregon QB's are good.

Boise State now ranked 5th? The BCS gods are turning in their grave. This is hallowed ground Boise is treading on. The only real challenge they might have is Tulsa and maybe Nevada. Don't ever forget Wen's Rules of Sports #6: Every underdog is a threat. Boise St could run the table and win every game, but a lot of things can happen between now and then.

In Nascar, its the Jimmy Johnson show. /yawn

And finally, my best friend and I are going to Provo on October 26th for The Gathering Storm release. The prologue is available for sale for $3. Not bad. Tor also released the first chapter for people registered to their site. I've read it, and I can say I'm quite impressed at how well Sanderson emulates Jordan's style. This may be blasphemy to others, but I actually liked it better than Jordan. I've got it preordered and eveything. Can't wait!

I should have a Movie review of Surrogates coming up this weekend. Metacritic currently has it at a 49, so I'm not sure how good it'll be. We'll see. Been a while since I reviewed a movie.

No comments: